In January of 2009, two days after retiring from my job of 37 years, I took a road trip around my home state of Florida
(mostly the West/Gulf Coast). I learned so much about Florida's history and all the interesting things Florida
has to offer. It's not all Disney World and the Space Shuttle - although, the Space Shuttle IS pretty spectacular!!

14.1.09

ST. GEORGE ISLAND

On the drive across the bridge to St. George Island, it was nice to be greeted by this bald eagle, who was pearched up on the bridge.
(Click on photos to enlarge.)


The St. George Inn is one of St. George Island's landmarks, with its architecture and landscape. It's just a few steps from the best beaches in America. I was glad I stayed here!
Row houses on the beach. Beautiful!
The St. George Lighthouse - a popular spot on the Island!